Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Ode to the Lady on the Bus -- Beauty and the Beast......

It is not often I write poetry but I was inspired to write this by a lady I came across on the bus one day. She was looking after a young retarded gentleman and her kindness and compassion was evident by the way she cared for him. This poem was posted in Poets Corner in Facebook and may be found at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/poetscorner/


Ode to the Lady on the Bus -- Beauty and the Beast......

He was by no means a beast
Rather a simple young man that needed help.

Her beauty was seen, not in her face or body
But in her treatment of the young man......

The manner in which she assured his safety
Making sure that he was seated properly and his seat belt fastened......

The manner in which she assured that he wasn't disturbing anyone else
Not that he was.

I saw her beauty in the way she looked at him
When she thought no one was looking........

And the look in her face was pure love
Like the look I see in your face when you think I'm not looking.

No comments: